Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
For Yoga teachers and health professionals
In this online training, you will gain the essential skills and confidence to adapt Yoga as stress management for corporate, healthcare, and other settings.
Learn Yoga practices that can help your students recover from past stress, cope with stress as it arises, and develop resilience for the future. Learn to adapt a variety of Yoga practices—including Hatha Yoga poses, relaxation and breathwork, Raja and Karma Yoga—to be accessible to any population.
You will learn:
- How to adapt Yoga postures, breathwork, meditation, relaxation, and mindfulness for stress relief, including standing and seated chair poses for different levels of physical capacity
- Breathwork, both adapted and remedial, designed to lower stress quickly
- Meditation and mindfulness as stress reduction tools
- Scientific evidence on the benefits of Yoga-based stress reduction
- Adapted relaxation techniques
- Mental and emotional practices of Yoga for stress relief
- Strategies for designing and marketing classes, workshops, and courses
- Methods for leading group discussions for peer support
- Fundamentals of trauma-sensitive Yoga practices
Stress is a component of nearly every illness, either as a cause or an effect, so this course is also a part of the Integral Yoga Therapy curriculum. It provides a solid foundation for many other specialized Yoga Therapy trainings including cardiac and cancer. This course provides good basic skills for PTSD, but further training is recommended if you want to specialize in teaching for PTSD.
Live sessions in Eastern Time on:
- Thursdays at 7– 9 pm (This session can be adapted for other time zones)
- Saturdays at 11 am–1 pm and 2–4:30 pm
- Sundays at 11 am–1 pm
Attendance at live sessions is required. You will need to leave your cameras on during all live sessions. The live sessions will be recorded and the recordings are usually posted within one day for program participants to review. Recordings will be available for review for 6 months after the program ends, until November 9, 2023.
In addition, you will have access to recorded Integral Hatha Yoga classes, meditations, and inspiring talks with Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
200-hour Yoga teacher certification and at least 6 months of teaching experience. Certified clinicians with a good background in Yoga practice may also apply.
There are online reading assignments and videos before the course begins. These are counted in your course hours and prepare you for the practical training.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 80 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for 60 IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
I would 100% recommend Integral Yoga Stress Management Teacher Training to Yoga teachers and health care providers. It was one of my favorite trainings. There was so much information and excellent resources were provided. It was clear and logical. I use something from the training almost every day. — Trudy
I would highly recommend the SMTT Program for EVERYONE. It doesn't matter your background, your profession, age or current situation in life, this program brings you the tools to make living everyday life easier. These tools that you learn in the SMTT course build your resilience and are accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime. And the best part is that you learn how to share this information! — Raisa Punkki
Integral Yoga Stress Management Teachers Training is an invaluable resource for our times. I am grateful to all of the teachers and staff who made this online experience so very rich, and for the community that was formed. It is already proving to be very helpful to me and those who I serve. Thank you. — Montina Sraddha Cole
After Feb. 28, 2023 the deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. If canceling before Feb. 28, 2023, the balance will be refunded minus $125 administration fee. This course may be cancelled two weeks prior to the start of the course due to low enrollment, in which case you will receive a full refund for the course tuition.
For more information or payment plan request--IYTh students contact Satya at [email protected]
Swami Vidyananda has been practicing Yoga since 1969, and teaching Integral Yoga internationally since 1973. She has served as a Yoga Therapist since 1979. She co-developed the Integral Yoga Stress Management Teacher Training program with Swami Ramananda.
Vidyananda has taught in many therapeutic programs, including Smith Center Cancer Retreats, and Yoga for persons with eating disorders. She has taught Yoga for Stress Relief around the world. She trained as a hospital chaplain at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville.
For many years she traveled with Sri Swami Satchidananda serving as his translator into French. She lives in Yogaville, Virginia, where she teaches Meditation and all branches of Integral Yoga.
Swami Ramananda is the Executive Director of the Integral Yoga Institute in San Francisco and a greatly respected senior teacher in the Integral Yoga tradition who has been practicing Yoga for over 40 years. Ramananda offers practical methods of integrating the timeless teachings and practices of Yoga into daily life and transforming the painful aspects of human experience into steps toward realizing one’s full potential.
He leads beginner, intermediate, and advanced level Yoga teacher training programs in San Francisco, and offers a variety of programs in many locations in the US, Europe, and South America. Ramananda trains Yoga teachers to bring Yoga into corporate, hospital, and medical settings and has taught mind/body wellness programs in many locations. He is a founding board member of the Yoga Alliance, a national registry that supports and promotes Yoga teachers as professionals. His warmth, wisdom, and sense of humor have endeared him to many.
See more at IntegralYogaSF.org